Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2002, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 25 Sep 2002 15:18:52 -0500
From:         onetwothree fourfive <ppg1@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      mystery coolant leak

Hi List, My 85 GL has been leaking a few drops of coolant, when parked, all summer long. I can't seem to find where it is coming from. It is on the passenger side, under the engine. I have checked all the hose clamps, the t-fittings, and the hoses and I can't find where this is coming from. My van has been running just fine, it doesn't overheat, and it doesn't blow white smoke when I start it or when it is running. The overflow tank is not cracked and there is a new hose and clamps running up to the main tank. It leaks when I am not looking, I have started the van and left it run in the driveway for an hour and watched it while running and until it cools down after shutting it off, and it will not leak. but then I leave it parked and come back out the next day, and there will be 2-3 drops of coolant under the passenger side. every week or so I end up filling up the overflow tank with new coolant. oh yeah, the coolant I use is the sierra phosphate free. any and all suggestions welcome. thanks much, Kim