Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2002, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 26 Sep 2002 15:27:24 -0400
From:         David Beierl <dbeierl@ATTGLOBAL.NET>
Subject:      Re: "Headlights On" Warning Chimes? (fwd)
Comments: To: Matthew Pollard <poll7356@UIDAHO.EDU>

At 02:48 PM 9/26/2002, Matthew Pollard wrote: >relay off of the light swtich and ignition key switch thing would be the >trikc. But i don't htink it's as trivial as this. I am thinking some >digital logic, like a ttl gate.

RS 13v buzzer with built-in diode, p/n 273-055, 12v SPST reed relay p/n 275-333.

Relay coil from hot to door switch (activates relay when door open). Buzzer red lead to parking light circuit, black lead to relay common, relay NO to ignition circuit (not keyswitch unless you add a load resistor from keyswitch to ground).

>put cascadeded "AND" gate in there, like this i suppose: >-if lights are on >AND >-key is in the ignition

(I think you meant key is NOT in ignition?)

>AND door is open >equals annoying chime. >else no chime

Or that way, but the other is easy for non-electronics types to understand and doesn't need a circuit board and still is only about $5 in parts.

>all of the necessary pick-up wires are there (the door open, key in >ignition and light on), but you';d need to slap a resistor in it to make >12v into 1v (or maybe they are 15V ttl chips?)....

You need more than a resistor for TTL, you need a regulated 5v +/- 0.25v circuit -- but you don't need any of that for CMOS logic which works at 12v.

david

-- David Beierl - Providence, RI http://pws.prserv.net/synergy/Vanagon/ '84 Westy "Dutiful Passage" '85 GL "Poor Relation"