Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2002, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 27 Sep 2002 07:43:46 -0600
From:         westydriver <westydriver@TACTICAL-BUS.INFO>
Subject:      Re: Are There Junk Ball Joints? - What Bullshit.
Comments: To: THX0001@aol.com

as you stated read it. and you will see where so much unlabeled stuff comes from. the biggest trick is what is considered the end user and who is the retail buyer under what section. look at each of the following and then read that page. 1. majority of auto parts are not retail packed, the users like us on the street are not considered to be the primary users. (we have a grey zone here) 2. no marking required if the part is put in a way that markings would be obliterated or concealed anyway. again most auto parts. 3. countries other than the country of origin are listed only if product was significantly changed. (who makes that call? only politicians)

and i could go on for several more.

anything you buy in a retail package will be marked. the parts shelves probably in a plain white box with a part number on it. The outside box would have been labeled. when i was doing importing on stuff i would get boxes with the outside box clearly marked and the individual boxes inside unmarked. now per the code it was my job to ensure each inside package was appropriately marked if sold seperately. I would tell customers where the parts came from, but never marked the boxes. they didnt care. if they had i would simply have written mexico or brazil or honduras on the box for them. BTW customs never once checked anything except that packages only had in them what was stated on the documents and if any fees were due that i paid them or bonded. jimt On Thursday, Sep 26, 2002, at 22:51 America/Denver, THX0001@aol.com wrote: