Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2002, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 27 Sep 2002 13:58:56 -0400
From:         80 Westy Pokey <pokey@VANAGON.ORG>
Subject:      Re: Where to aim the headlights? SA grill.
Comments: To: Jay L Snyder <Jay.L.Snyder@USA.DUPONT.COM>

Aim your innner lights dead ahead, so when you flash them people will get the hell out of your way....

;-)

Thanks, Chris

---- Original message ---- >Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 13:29:29 -0400 >From: Jay L Snyder <Jay.L.Snyder@USA.DUPONT.COM> >Subject: Re: Where to aim the headlights? SA grill. >To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM > >Before you remove your old lights, drive up to your garage door and make a >pattern of the current lights. Switch headlights. Pull up to the same >door, same spot. Aim headlights to match. I am a research technician--I >am used to solving these difficult problems for the PhDs! > > Jay > > > > >Matthew Pollard <poll7356@UIDAHO.EDU>@gerry.vanagon.com> on 09/27/2002 >01:22:00 PM > >Please respond to Matthew Pollard <poll7356@UIDAHO.EDU> > >Sent by: Vanagon Mailing List <vanagon@gerry.vanagon.com> > > >To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM >cc: >Subject: Where to aim the headlights? SA grill. > > >I am psyching myself up for putting in the 7" round lights for the south >african grill... i have the wires and relays and switches and fuses and >lights and holders and beer and much more stuff. Now so i don't >re-invent the wheel, is there is simple (as in w/ minimal >trial-and-error) means to where and how to aim the lights? Does someone >have a dead-on formula for this that works? I know i can install them, >drive around and then tilt them up or down or left or right. But is >there a "real" way to do this? (LIke put the lights 8' in front of you >but 2' in the air, etc.). I'm a scientist and physicist- give me a >formula damnit. I'm tired of experimenting. > >Second, what about the inner driving lights- how do i aim them too. >These would be a flood-light type of light i suppose that are mounted at >the same vertical height as the headlights. > >thanks >matthew, with the "friday" email address. >86 syncro westy i4 > > > > > >This communication is for use by the intended recipient and contains >information that may be privileged, confidential or copyrighted under >applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby >formally notified that any use, copying or distribution of this e-mail, >in whole or in part, is strictly prohibited. Please notify the sender >by return e-mail and delete this e-mail from your system. Unless >explicitly and conspicuously designated as "E-Contract Intended", >this e-mail does not constitute a contract offer, a contract amendment, >or an acceptance of a contract offer. This e-mail does not constitute >a consent to the use of sender's contact information for direct marketing >purposes or for transfers of data to third parties. > > Francais Deutsch Italiano Espanol Portuges Japanese Chinese Korean > > http://www.DuPont.com/corp/email_disclaimer.html