Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2002, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 27 Sep 2002 11:19:03 -0700
From:         Bill N <freeholder@STARBAND.NET>
Subject:      Re: Look it up  --  Was: Ebay item

I don't think it is just attitude and apathy. I have seen many responses that equate to "go look it up in the archives, dummy, and quit bothering us REAL Vanagon people." Sure, many are worded more nicely than that, but it always translates into the same thing. I have seen this on other lists, also. A few people, after being on the list for a while, start thinking of themselves as part of a superior, "in" group, and they resent those they consider "outsiders." Myself, I don't even mind the frequent tire threads. Some tire company might introduce a new tire perfect for my Westy. In the meantime, I can delete a lot of messages that don't interest me, and it only takes a few seconds. Please don't discourage the newcomers, and if you are a newcomer, please don't let a couple of obnoxious critics keep you from asking your questions.

Now, if you like, I can play this game, too. I have only been on the list for 5 or 6 years, since back when Coyote was running it from San Francisco, and before Ron decided to start selling parts for a living, so if any of you old-timers think I'm wrong about this, let me know. On the other hand, if you are only a newbie, on the list for a mere 3 or 4 years, back off.

Bill