Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2002, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 27 Sep 2002 12:46:47 -0700
From:         Tobin Copley <tobin.copley@UBC.CA>
Subject:      Re: Source & part number for Canadian electrical hook ups
Comments: To: 80 Westy Pokey <pokey@VANAGON.ORG>

I don't know if Go Westy has them, but good RV supply stores (especially those close to the US/Canada border) sell small adapters allowing one to use Canadian plugs in American sockets (or vice versa).

Might be worth calling around in your area to see if a supplier near you has these in stock. I *always* keep one of these handy under the rear seat, right next to the adapter that allows me to plug my (Canadian) extension cord into the RV-style (30 A?) shore power outlet often provided at RV-oriented campgrounds.

Many people who don't camp in both the US and Canada are unaware that while Canadian and US 110 VAC power outlets may look quite similar, the plugs are in fact incompatible. The small block-like US/Canadian plug adapter can save a lot of frustration!

Please let us all know how your part search goes.

Counting down the hours left at work this Friday, getting ready for a sunny, camp-able weekend,

T.