Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2002, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 22 Sep 2002 20:36:39 -0500
From:         Bruce Nadig <motorbruce@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Deep in the Abyss... a Tranny fill plug!
Comments: To: lalofs@ENTERACT.COM

Don't drain the oil yet!

If you can't get the fill plug out, I think it is a VERY bad idea to drain the oil unless you have a proven plan to put get the oil in through the drain. If you do force oil up through the drain then try to quickly install the plug before it all runs out method also leaves you with no idea as to how much gear oil is actually in the box.

The "I Hope It Will Work" approach is a very bad idea. I've been there too many times. Inevitably it won't work. All you will end up with is an empty gear box and no way to fill it. At least it has oil in it right now.

I don't have a solution to your problem, but I can tell you that draining the oil isn't it.

Good Luck, Bruce

_________________________________________________________________ MSN Photos is the easiest way to share and print your photos: http://photos.msn.com/support/worldwide.aspx