Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2002, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 27 Sep 2002 19:45:26 -0500
From:         K Dungay Allas <katya@NETINS.NET>
Subject:      SALE Reluctantly-89 Westy
Comments: cc: katya@butler-bremer.com

Hi folks,

Haven't contributed in a while, things have been hectic here to say the least, but I still lurk and learn :o).

We are reluctantly going to sell our 89 beautiful Westy. Farm Bureau still has not fixed our home from the tornado damage we had over a year ago. They haven't even reimbursed us for the $5000 we already put out. Winter is coming soon here in NE Iowa and I've stalled long enough on selling her, waiting for our Insurance company to pay up and fix our roof, windows, barn and garage. It gets mighty cold here and we need to fix up the house before we're under 5 feet of snow and 20 below zero. (were gonna pay this winter because the last one was soooo warm) So here's the info: If anyone is interested please send me an email at: katya@butler-bremer.com

1989 Westfalia, 47,200 on "new engine" (have name Telephone # and address of Shop that put it in and have spoken to them personally.) 3 speed automatic transmission, shifts smoothly, no problems Correct 6 ply steel belted Michelen radial tires, size 40-50% tread Wheel covers in good condition Brakes, excellent condition, Recent work/with receipts) new right front wheel bearings (inner and outer) We did this because the PO lost the dust cap and didn't replace-duh...) New CV Joints (receipts) New Bausch Starter (receipts) Coolant Flush (Dex-cool)I only use Dex-cool and new belts (receipts and extra belts) Recent exhaust totally re-done (receipts)(2 years ago) Recent coolant hoses and water pump (receipts) Bordeaux Red Metallic (burgundy) paint-Nice condition Black aero styled bumpers excellent condition Black outside mirrors, functional, excellent condition Sliding side door functional, excellent condition Sliding door screen-new Sliding side windows with screens, in place, original, excellent condition Electric rear window defogger , functional Rear window wiper with intermittent feature, functional Intermittent front windshield wipers, functional Rear hatch struts, new (extra heavy duty both sides-receipts) Pop-top roof with cargo carrier, excellent condition New pop-top seal, excellent condition added last December-receipts Pop-top canvas/screen, good condition Two person overhead sleeping loft, excellent condition Padded instrument panel, excellent condition AM/FM Radio cassette-functional Front and rear speakers-functional-additional front and rear Pioneer speakers added Speedometer with trip odometer, functional Tachometer, functional Digital LCD clock, functional, but never did figure out how to set-it Fuel level gauge, functional Coolant temperature gauge, functional Oil pressure gauge, functional Illuminated vanity mirror, functional Illuminated lockable glove box, functional Air conditioning with outlets in front and rear, functional, but need new expansion valve ($27.00) and drier ($39.00) thought we would wait and change over to the freeze 12 since any conversion requires a new drier) Have professional shop diagnosis. Rear auxiliary heater/fan under bench seat, functional Deluxe front bucket seats with fold-down adjustable armrests & swivel bases, functional, good to excellent condition Two passenger rear bench seat, excellent condition Grey velour upholstery, good to excellent condition Removable gray carpeting in kitchen area, good condition Front carpeting-good condition Cloth inlays in door panels, excellent condition Two store-away tables, in place, good condition(one little ding) Sink & water storage tank, functional, excellent condition, new pump in sink(2 years ago) LPG/110VAC/12VDC and 12 volt refrigerator, functional on 12 V and 120 V, excellent condition. Never did figure out how to use the propane part of the fridge LPG stove, functional, excellent condition (original blue plastic film cover is still intact) Clothes locker/ 3 door closet, functional, excellent condition Over cabinet light, functional, excellent condition; Privacy curtains, original, excellent condition, all in place Removable screen for rear hatch door, original, excellent condition Removable screen for side door, brand new never used 110VAC electrical outlet, functional All 3 exterior little doors for the water tank-110 connetcion-city water in place-excellent condition WITH the Key (quite a find actually) Fire extinguisher, functional, in place LPG tank functional, standard minor surface rust around tank. Skylight, functional, brand new and replaced this December- have new screen and cover Original owners manuals and camper manual, extended warranty cards,, dealer literature, Bentley Official Shop Manual 18 MPG city 20-22 MPG highway (depending on wind direction :o)

Additional Features: New Factory snap in screen for the side door and rear door. Have New Hella wiring kit/to add a second battery- New carpet added to the rear storage area, Port-A-Potty and a cool Black Bra on the front. New seal on Pop top and sky light replaced last December- We do have the original German side tent, poles, bags and instructions, that attaches to the sliding door with the rubber floor, that you can also zip up and drive away from in almost new condition. This van has never seen snow or salt and came from West Palm Beach Florida. I am the 3rd owner and have only driven it a few times in winter here.

Well the above is just a part of the stuff that has been done. Nothing real major, but the "little" things that should be taken care of. I have almost all the receipts . Actually $3,000 this last year, with the new pop-top paint and bumper (still have the old one and it's not bad, I just didn't like the way it looked with the little scrunch in the fiberglass and little dings that come from being an 89) We looked for over a year to find just the right Westy and believe you me, I was very, very picky about the mechanicals (and receipts) and all the "little" stuff. I'm a panic monger when it comes to the Westy.I really didn't think it would come to this, but.........we gotta do it. She's gotta go to a new home.

Cheers,

Katy