Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2002, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 23 Sep 2002 06:51:56 EDT
From:         Frank Condelli <RAlanen@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Boston Engine
Comments: To: vanagon@egroups.com, limbolist@egroups.com

Just returned from a trip to Boston Engine to fetch my Boston Engine Big Valve 2.1. Left Ottawa, Friday noonish and got back Sunday 6:30 pm. Nice little trip and meeting Bob was great. Bob certainly has a lot of knowledge stashed inside himself about the waterboxer engine and it was certainly well worth the trip to meet him and see his small shop and stash of parts ! He's in a real special location on a pond, forget the name, but real scenic even if he's tight against his neighbours who do not sympathise with his VW engine madness ! Well, the Big Valve 2.1 engine is still sitting behind the passenger seat so next step is to begin the process of installation. This will not go quickly as I will gather up all the ancillaries that will be replaced along with the engine. All new water hoses, water pipes, water pump, fuel lines, injectors, sandblast and paint all the brackets, etc. Need a new or good used throttle body if any one has one. Mine is too worn in the throat for suitable reuse. When I get this done it's gonna look new in the back end ! Bob also had my engine completely balanced with new clutch in place so I'm expecting a really smooth engine ! Should be interesting. Probably won't get it in until late October or early November. Report on its running will follow.

Cheers

Frank Condelli Almonte, Ontario, Canada <A HREF="http://members.aol.com/BusFusion/bfhome.htm">BusFusion</A> a VW Camper camping event, Almonte, ON, June 12 ~ 15, 2003 '87 Westy & Lionel Trains Member: <A HREF="http://www.vanagon.com/">Vanagon List</A>, <A HREF="http://www.bcn.net/~limbo/">LiMBO</A>, <A HREF="http://www.westfalia.qc.ca/">IWCCC</A> & Capital City VW Club Vanagon/Vanagon Westfalia Service in the Ottawa Valley <A HREF="http://members.aol.com/Fkc43/stebro.htm">STEBRO/Vanagon Stainless Steel Mufflers</A>   <A HREF="http://members.aol.com/Fkc43/busindex.html">Frank Condelli & Associates</A> or http://frankcondelli.com