Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2002, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 29 Sep 2002 14:32:13 -0600
From:         Simon Reinhardt <simon@FARRSIDE.NET>
Subject:      Engine swap, tranny fill plug update

Volks, The engine swap progresses nicely. I was about to drop the tranny to get the fill plug out, when UPS delivered my various seals, belts, and metal bits from Adirondack Auto Brokers, which kept me busy for a couple of days. While replacing the exhaust studs on the 2L, of course one snapped off in the head. Well, it was a miserable time getting it out- I didn't. Made a mess of the hole, though. That experience taught me the value of simply LEAVING the FILL PLUG ALONE. I'll just drain it and use a pump to refill. It can't be long until I actually have to drop the tranny out for some other R & R anyway- as mentioned in a previous post, my original draining gave me half fluid and half water. I'll tackle it then. As long as it gets through Winter, I'm happy. Now I'm just waiting on my adapter kit and distributor adapter I ordered from Fast Forward to arrive. Time to make spacers for the engine rails, and tackle the wiring harness. I'm taking pictures through the whole thing- I'll get the first of those up soon. Any requests? Also, I'm selling many of the old parts. The link is below; the stuff is in the "Bus" section. I'll also sell stuff off the engine.

-Simon

Random VW Stuff For Sale http://www.farrside.net/for_sale.htm