Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2002, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 1 Oct 2002 09:02:41 EDT
From:         Fonni Chang <Fonni0365@CS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Replacing A/C compressor 91 Westy

Thanks Tim for the excellent points. Both you and Fred are right that I need to locate the leaks first. A few other things that I need to clarify before I go ahead with the job. The AC system was injected with tracking dye about 4-5 months ago when the previous owner refilled it with freon. Now the freon is gone again, should the tracking dye still be visible? If I just want to expose the evaporator assembly and other area to inspect for leaks, do I have to remove and lower the evaporator from the top back of the van? I am not sure about what you mean by remove the cover over the A/C relays and high side fitting in the rear closet. Would you please explain it a little more detail? Thank you again for your help.