Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2002, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 3 Oct 2002 13:50:38 -0400
From:         Chuck Mathis <CMathis227@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Re: what's the best kind of gasoline?

I write response plans and operations manuals for oil companies. In most cases, refineries produce a raw gasoline that is shipped out to distributors. The distributor's truck rack will have several additive tanks sitting outside. Tanker drivers specify what brand of gas they will be hauling and the appropriate additives are mixed in as the tank is loaded. I have written facility plans for distributors that recieve raw gas from three different sources and send out five different brands of gas. I have also written plans for facilities that recieve raw gas from a single source and ship one brand of gas.

I have been told by people in the industry to use brands of gas other than what they handle. Chevron, Texaco and Shell have been the most recommended while Diamond Shamrock, Phillips and Arco have most often been snubbed.

Chuck