Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2002, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 3 Oct 2002 13:03:39 -0700
From:         Paul Archibald <androbus@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      more questions for '80 vanagon not running right....hep me..hep
              me!  ;-)
Comments: To: vanagon@yahoogroups.com

Hey!I have so far replaced teh plugs(dropped a new plug in the #2 tin and my spark-plug socket in #1 tin and can't find! ;-0 will deal withy later) and wires....installed my spare good distributor, cleaned out tyhe mass airflow sensor....etc.. I started it up, and it ran great for a minute, than suddenly went back to barely idling, and on giving the gas, doing nothing. I can't check the bently as it's still in Texas(getting mailed today) I removed the little black majic box that is atttached to the dist and the other black thingie on a countersink labeled hugo after cleaning out the box with contact cleaner, i realized the in and out terminals ar3e male/female, so for kicks connected and bypassed teh box. It started up and ran great! so...what is this box and what does it do? can I run the van with bypassing it, or will it cause worse problems?

any help will be great as I am just re-learning the vw stuff after being away since before the electronic stuff.

Paul