Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2002, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 4 Oct 2002 12:18:40 -0700
From:         gary hradek <hradek@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      busdepot and thepartsbin going nose to nose

I found my rear heater to be leaking so I ordered two rear heater cores from busdepot. I like the people at busdepot and Ron is a valuable listmember. It took three weeks to get the cores. In all fairness to busdepot I think I messed them up ordering two cores. I speculate that they wanted to save me money by sending the two together and having only one in stock they waited to get the second core. This was never stated. I ordered two cores as I was planning to rebuild a second heater and sell it on ebay. I swapped out the whole heaters to test both, and list a pretested rear rebuilt heater on ebay. The new cores worked flawlessly but it was clear that the valves should also be replaced. The leak was small but any leak is unacceptable. I ordered two new valves on Sunday, received a message that they where only shipping one on Monday. I needed to order a bentley cd and as busdepot did not carry the product I went to thepartsbin.com. They had the cd and the second valve. To my surprise the valves cost much less so I ordered the second valve on Tuesday from thepartsbin. The heater cores priced less at thepartsbin but they were higher on the headlight switch I had received from busdepot. What also was surprising was they had no additional shipping or handling charges at thepartsbin for this particuliar order. Like busdepot I receivede-mail conformation of my order but not an itemized e-mail like busdepot.. By Thursday I had a tracking number from thepartsbin that indicated a delivery for Thursday. Waiting at home on Thursday was the valve and cd ordered from thepartbin. The valve was an exact replacement part from VW. As I was saying I like the people at http://www.busdepot.com and I like the people at http://www.thepartsbin.com too. I would suggest wisely shopping with both as they make pricing of their product easy. I think where you are located can greatly affect how long it takes but the tracking thing is a real plus.

Regards gary