Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2002, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 4 Oct 2002 17:07:07 -0500
From:         John Rodgers <j_rodgers@CHARTER.NET>
Subject:      Re: busdepot and thepartsbin going nose to nose
Comments: To: The Bus Depot <vanagon@BUSDEPOT.COM>

The Bus Depot wrote: > > The reason we usually ship heater cores via Priority Mail (besides faster > average delivery speed if going coast to coast) is that we've found the > postal service to be more gentle than UPS with fragile items. Your cores may > have arrived late in this case, but at least they arrived intact!

Ron, your comments regarding using the USPS Priority Mail as a preference for handling fragile items as opposed to UPS really struck a chord. I operated a ceramics studio in Alaska for many years and shipped fragile, fine porcelain figurines via Priority Mail to customers all over "The Lower 48". It was a rare occasion when something got broken and I was extremely happy with the US Postal Service and the way my Priority Mail boxes were handled. And these were not small boxes of porcelain either. Sometimes there would be as many as fifty pieces in a box, and would weight up to 35-40 lbs. We might have lost three pieces a year, but that was about it.

And the delivery service was reasonably fast as well.

Kudos for the USPS.

John Rodgers 88 GL Driver