Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2002, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 7 Oct 2002 06:35:56 -0700
From:         Tracy Bonin <icculus22420@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Not waving can we all just get along :^)

I get that alot too, I'm always beeping at beetles and busses. It seems as if I hardly ever get a response. I'll keep on doing it though. There are some times that other people honk back have fun, Tracy Joseph Fortino wrote:my take is some are so caught up in just going down the road they don't understand the grass-root level of the VW, AKA pissing contest with eachother or other cars. I'll take my tried 1600 bug out for a spin and almost get hammer into the gound. SUV's heavy big ass trucks with a flow pipes, or some new school heepa newbee sh*t HEY i got a euro van to nod his head at me. wooo I must be chillin. ( maybe becuase I flashed him peace sign, no I'm not a hippy just a product of going up in a car I learned how to drive in.

wave at me or I keep waving until you do. :)

love, Joe

< snip >

Date: Sat, 5 Oct 2002 14:31:38 -0500 From: Joel Walker Subject: Re: was Driving Westy Style, now Waving Waving over the Bounding Main > Is it just because everyone is too worried about their aging vans to get their eyes of their guages/digitools/temp needle etc. to look up at other VWs any more? > Just curious, > -Damon (always waves) too damned many yuppies with no appreciation of history these days. eurovan people just stare at you when you wave at them. :( new beetle folks just glare at you. in the old days, when there were so few of the vehicles out there, every 'scarce' model waved at each other ... MGs, Triumphs, BMWs, Porches, and, of course, vw buses and beetles. not Mercedes however ... they MIGHT nod their head slightly upon making eye contact. ;) it was also a head-turner to see more t

han one of such cars in one place ... if you saw two or more beetles or buses parked together, people started staring. :) we were going to florida once in a beetle and came up behind another beetle on the way. we just tooled along behind them for many miles and another beetle came up behind us. all three of us were just driving along together, enjoying the ride, and all the american cars going both ways just stared at us as they passed. :) it didn't last too long .. the first guy had to turn off and then the last guy turned off, too. but it was neat while it lasted. :) unca joel ------------------------------ End of vanagon Digest - 5 Oct 2002 - Special issue (#2002-1197) ***************************************************************