Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2002, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 10 Oct 2002 07:10:36 -0400
From:         Kenneth Wilford <kenwilfy@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: 1.9 to 2.1 wbx swap questions
Comments: To: Karl M <thewestyman@MINDSPRING.COM>

This is so easy that it is almost as easy as just changing the engine. I keep the digijet system as it works really well. I also keep the 1.9l coolant system, exhaust system and ditch the oil cooler (haven't had any problems from overheating, etc). Like the other person said you just need the 1.9l thermostat housing and waterpump to get the coolant system to work, and you either need an air intake box from a later model '85, or just adapt over the 2.1l air box with a couple of small hoses (if you can do the second as the 2.1l throttle body has a larger inside diameter so you will get more air flow). That is all. As you may know Boston Engine and I are selling Performance Chips for the Digijet ECUs. These are $250 plus we need your old ECU as a core. They seem to be making people happy and give them more power.

Thanks, Ken Wilford John 3:16 http://www.vanagain.com Phone: 856-327-4936 Fax: 856-327-2242

----- Original Message ----- From: Karl M <thewestyman@MINDSPRING.COM> Date: Thursday, October 10, 2002 0:00 am Subject: 1.9 to 2.1 wbx swap questions