Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2002, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 11 Oct 2002 11:25:13 -0700
From:         Tobin Copley <tobin.copley@UBC.CA>
Subject:      Re: Online vendors

> On Friday, October 11, 2002, at 09:57 AM, Malcolm Stebbins wrote: > > I would add Calif. Import parts www.cip1.com > > or for Canada: http://www.partsvw.com/

I've never had a single part obtained from California Import Parts *not* be of very poor quality, if not out-right defective. Their return policy serves their interests just fine, but has been non-existent for me. People on the list who know me, have met me, know I am not some hot-headed live wire who creates a difficult situation for the vendor and makes them want to not resolve a problem. The real question I have to ask myself is why I bought from them as many times as I did. Must have been insane for a time...

I've itemized each part I bought from them and how the part was poor quality/defective in posts made to this list a year or two ago--they'll be in the archives for those who care. By way of update, that flimsy warped passenger side mirror I bought for them broke off the side of my bus this summer when my 2 year old tugged it with light/moderate pressure. I bought a new German one from Bow-Wow parts for about $40.00 CDN and am very happy with it. The fan switch from California Import Parts that is supposed to be 0-1-2-3 but is instead 1-2-3-0 is still in the bus, as is the CIP fuel tank that starves the fuel pump of fuel in right hand turns whenever the tank is 1/4 full or less.

I can STRONGLY recommend Bow Wow parts: the few times I've had problems with stuff I've bought from them they stepped right up and resolved the problem reasonably and quickly. I'm glad I have access to a good local supplier. They have a web site at:

http://www.bowwow.ca/index.htm.

They also have stores in the Seattle area, and an American web site at: http://www.bowwowvw.com/. (The site seems to be under pretty heavy construction now).

That's my CDN$0.02 worth,

T.