Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2002, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 12 Oct 2002 15:19:32 -0400
From:         Lawrence Johnson <larry_avery.johnson@SYMPATICO.CA>
Subject:      Re: I am having diff lock light problems - help!

David Assuming that the front diff is just like the rear diff only facing the other way, The light switch will be located on the passenger's side at the rear of differential. It has a roller ball on the end which rolls into a groove on the diff lock shaft. The shaft moves left and right engaging and disengaging the light switch and diff lock. I think that either the switch isn't fasted in securely so is getting false readings or the spring inside is broken so the ball isn't seating in the groove completely. If you need one, I have a spare albeit from a rear diff. Larry in Ontario