Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2002, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 12 Oct 2002 23:53:15 +0100
From:         Clive Smith <clive.harman-smith@NTLWORLD.COM>
Subject:      Re: Rear axle articulation - syncro
Comments: To: Malcolm Stebbins <Malcolm.Stebbins@MSVU.CA>

Thanks. Well my diff-lock is stuck - off! Since the van runs out of drive under these circumstances, it has surprised me that with no front drive and no diff-lock its very easy to get stuffed. Just surpised that a dodgy kerb and an awkward has done this to me twice recently, whereas before removing the driveshaft it hadn't even occurrde to me that a rear was off the ground occasionally - unless of course as has been suggested, one of the shockers is sticking, which I haven't to be honest, come across before on any car - shot to blazes, leaking, bonking, but not limiting full articulation.

I'm pretty sure I have just discovered the limits of articulation that I've seen in pictures of syncros set across very steep slopes - unless someone out there wants to disabuse me that this is frequently encountered and that I may have problem somewhere (other than my head). And while on the subject, am I right in remembering that 2WD Vanagon/Transporters have a degree of limited slip built ito their diffs ( and syncros of course have the diff-lock)?

Clive '88 Syncro Transporter

----- Original Message ----- From: "Malcolm Stebbins" <Malcolm.Stebbins@MSVU.CA> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Saturday, October 12, 2002 9:57 PM Subject: Re: Rear axle articulation - syncro