Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2002, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 13 Oct 2002 13:03:40 -0600
From:         "Richard A. Jones" <Jones@COLORADO.EDU>
Subject:      Westy kitchen display problem

My '87 Westy has a kitchen display problem and I don't know how to proceed with it.

When I flip the switch "ON" the frig LED lights (frig running....) but after a while, it is no longer lit. The battery level and water level indicators stay lit, although I think the water level goes from green to orange (and maybe red.)

If I wiggle the switch, the frig LED will come back on--maybe to stay or maybe not--but wiggling the switch will show me the frig is lit. It might make the water level go back to green, too. Maybe the battery level, three!

I pulled the display board and looked for any problems, but don't see any. Everything is very clean--solder joints are all shiney and nice. The board looks perfect.

I suspect the switch itself or the ground, but I'm a software guy and am just guessing when it comes to wires! Anyone understand these symptoms and can point me the right way?

Thanks! Richard A. Jones Boulder, Colorado '81 Vanagon Mr Bus '87 Syncro Westy El Jefe