Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2002, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 8 Oct 2002 16:36:13 -0400
From:         ian Butler <ian@BLUEMOON.HPLX.NET>
Subject:      Re: Infinity 4" speakers in '85 Westy

On Tue, 8 Oct 2002, Chuck Mathis wrote:

> I have Blaupunkt 4" in my front doors and in the A/C cabinet in my '85 > Wolfsburg Westy and an 8" Bazooka Tube under the back seat. Upgrade the > factory wiring since modern speakers don't appreciate the shared ground > that VW used for the back speakers. You can gain some clearance between > the speaker grills and the window cranks by removing the window cranks and > gently but firmly bending them or you can buy the Bus Depot's spacer kit. > The small speakers coupled with the woofers are great.

I'm curious, has anyone tried Human speakers in their Vanagons? Experiences?

I want to try putting a four or six-speaker system in mine; six would be ideal (one for each row), but four would be less hideously expensive. I'm not sure how to get around the window crank issue for the fronts, though. The passenger side has power, no worries there, but the PO stuck a crank on the driver's side. I'm also wondering if there's any way (or any space) to install a speaker in the sliding door, and if any of those four power lock connectors are unused (would make wiring simpler that way, I'd imagine.)

I have a pair of Humans at home, and would very much like that kind of fidelity in my second home. :)

The speakers in question: http://www.humanspeakers.com/human/a61text.htm

ian Butler / ian@hplx.net '88 Scirocco 16v, '87 Syncro GL