Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2002, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 8 Oct 2002 20:00:38 -0600
From:         Larry Chase <lchase@ATTGLOBAL.NET>
Subject:      Vanagon LCD TV Displays
Comments: To: "wetwesties@yahoogroups." <wetwesties@yahoogroups.com>,
          Syncro@yahoogroups.com, ev_update@yahoogroups.com,
          vanagon@yahoogroups.com

Volks,

I recently evaluated USB Devices that enable a Laptop to be used as a TV.

Need to replay those great DVD Movies from the Syncro De Mayo while on the road in the RoadHaus.

Reference Previous postings:

"Video Display Question" "Video Display Question - Follow Up Report" "Video Display Question - Conclusion Report"

Unfortunately, my Laptop's 366mz processor was to slow to display a decent TV picture.

So Bada Bing ... off I went looking at LCD TV's.

Drum roll please ....... we have a winner >>> the Sharp LC-15BUB.

Objectives:

1. Size 15" - 20" 2. Minimal Power Consumption 3. Must be able to utilize 12Volt power input 4. Max Brightness 5. Max Contrast

LCD TV's Evaluated:

Sharp LC-15B2UA Sharp LC-15B2UB Digital Research DRLCD15TV Panasonic TC-15LT1

Corena CT1702 Envision EN-7500

Sharp LC-20B2UA Sharp LC-20B2UB

If anyone is interested in the specification matrix I put together.

http://www.roadhaus.com/lcd/lcd.htm

Hitting the Trail Soon,

Larry Chase Email: lchase@attglobal.net Web: www.roadhaus.com - Under Construction What: The Great North American Tour When: 01.02.03 How: RoadHaus - 1990 VW Westfalia Syncro Today: Denver, CO From: Mesa, AZ