Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2002, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 16 Oct 2002 07:59:22 -0400
From:         Kenneth Wilford <kenwilfy@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: Roadhaus - 2.2L Engine Install , Prelimanary Report
Comments: To: Kim Brennan <kimbrennan@MAC.COM>

I just have to chime in here and say two things: First Bob Donalds has spent many years and much time actually taking the engines that he builds and putting them on a dyno (scarey thought!). He has told me of times at Gene Berg Enterprizes testing ideas that he has had for increasing hp and performance and how some times his ideas worked out but many times they didn't. However he has got some experience as to what works and what doesn't, and what you think should work but doesn't. So I think he has earned the right to be an expert on this subject and if he thinks the info that EC is putting out on their engines is incorrect, then we should at least stop and think about what he has to say before rejecting it out of hand.

Second, if you have several of these engines in folks vans, then how hard would it be to take one to a dyno and have it tested? Especially since Larry and going to be travelling all over the US. We could arrange some type of test along the way that would satisify everyone. Then we would see if the EC claims are real, or just something they copied from a european VW manual. It would even better to have Larry's van and a stock Vanagon (perhaps even with one of Bob's engines in it) get tested on the dyno the same day (that way you are factoring out elevation level, dyno error, etc). What do you say?

Thanks, Ken Wilford John 3:16 http://www.vanagain.com Phone: 856-327-4936 Fax: 856-327-2242

----- Original Message ----- From: Kim Brennan <kimbrennan@MAC.COM> Date: Wednesday, October 16, 2002 0:27 am Subject: Re: Roadhaus - 2.2L Engine Install , Prelimanary Report