Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2002, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 17 Oct 2002 19:53:26 -0400
From:         Robert Donalds <bostneng@FCL-US.NET>
Subject:      Re: Roadhaus - 2.2L Engine Install ,
              Prelimanary Report B.Bobs Response
Comments: To: Larry Chase <lchase@attglobal.net>,
          "wetwesties@yahoogroups." <wetwesties@yahoogroups.com>,
          Syncro@yahoogroups.com, ev_update@yahoogroups.com,
          vanagon@yahoogroups.com
Comments: cc: kenwilfy@comcast.net, Ken Morgan <kenmorgan@qwest.net>

Larry wrote > Ken & Bob >>>> what do you say? I wish Larry well on his trip and would like to have you stop in to the engine exchange for the full tour when you are in the area. I have as I said been testing the van engines on the chassiss dyno with mixed results to the point that I have lost faith in that method of testing. In my last round of testing I my van was way down on power and I was advised by the operator of the dyno to get a GTechpro performance meter to back up his tests (it did not). He claimed the Gtech was a very good tool http://www.gtechpro.com/ I would suggest that Larry get one and spend some time with it and get back to us on his findings as I will do when I am sure of my numbers. One interesting thing happened in the last round of Chassiss dyno testing that is worth repeting. In one test the engine gained over 25 percent in power just by going from the USA digijet ECU to the European digijet ECU the one that is used on the European 2.1 10 to 1 engine. While I have not comfirmed the increase in my own testing yet it tells me that the 2.1 10 to 1 engine does not make a huge jump in power from a increase in compression alone. I have spent many hours and hundreds of dollars in testing my engine for a REAL horse power numbers and with little to offer in the way of solid results that I would post to the list. My integrity and credability means alot to me so I have never offered any HP #'s for my big valve 2.1 engine. These are the reasons that the causal claims of 115 horse power offend me Bob Donalds Boston Engine Exchange