Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2002, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 20 Oct 2002 17:26:38 +1300
From:         Andrew Grebneff <andrew.grebneff@STONEBOW.OTAGO.AC.NZ>
Subject:      Re: Styled Cockpit VR6 Engine German Bus Meeting

>Hi all, > >I was at a VW Bus meet in southern Germany last weekend, and although it >rained the entire time, I saw a few really cool Busses! > >The photos are of an ultra styled cockpit in a 1990 (I think) Carat. This >guy had a >160 some HP VR6 engine built in, and soft gray leather seats and door >panels.. second stereo in back, tach which goes to 8000 rpm, carpeted >engine room with leather covered engine cover, ProjektZwo fog lights, etc. > >It was really an amazing vehicle (not exactly my style, but I was definately >drooling). He said he paid around 7000 Euro for it, including all the >modifications (I think that is stretching it... this thing is worth 20,000)! > >Anyway, enjoy the photos. > >http://www.fishforms.com/vanagon/styledcockpit1.jpg > >http://www.fishforms.com/vanagon/styledcockpit2.jpg > >http://www.fishforms.com/vanagon/styledcockpit3.jpg

Not bad! A fairly common sort of bus at German T3 meets. They usually have engine conversions (often 911), with big alloy wheels and low-profile (40%) performance tires, likely huge brakes, custom interiors... though German Carats have pretty snazzy interiors as standard. Body kits and Projektzwo grill-extensions are the norm. South African grills never show, as the Germans consider them too expensive!

I'm not into custom cargo-bays, as I might want to pop the seats out to carry say a motorcycle, deepfreeze or tubs of deep-dredged sea mud... but otherwise these are MY sort of van! -- Andrew Grebneff 165 Evans St, Dunedin 9001, New Zealand <andrew.grebneff@stonebow.otago.ac.nz> Seashell, Macintosh, VW/Toyota van nut