Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2002, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 20 Oct 2002 23:58:14 -0400
From:         Dennis Haynes <dhaynes@OPTONLINE.NET>
Subject:      Re: stuck shock bolts
Comments: To: Ed Carroll <ecarroll@MAINE.RR.COM>

I use a cutting torch to remove the bolts from inside the mounts. The next best thing is a sawzall to cut the bolts and bushings inside the mount and repalce all. Make the new bolts and nuts are at least grade 10.9, (I like 12.9) and use never sieze inside the bushing. Lock tite on the threads or an all steel prevailang torque lock nut is also a good idea.

Dennis