Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2002, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 20 Oct 2002 22:21:43 -0700
From:         David Marshall <vanagon@VOLKSWAGEN.ORG>
Subject:      Re: Update on my engine swap (very long)
Comments: To: Simon Reinhardt <simon@FARRSIDE.NET>

Looks like you are making headway - congratulations!

On the fuel system - piece of cake - get the fuel unions that are in an A1 series of VW (Rabbit / Scirocco etc) - these are made of metal - cut them about 3 to 4" from the banjo fitting - debur them and make sure there are no sharp edges - this will 'plug in' to the existing Vanagon fuel hoses - make sure you use good hose clamps (I use two per) and you are set - 4+ years on my Syncro DoKa this way.

David Marshall

Fast Forward Automotive Inc. 4356 Quesnel Hixon Road Quesnel BC Canada V2J 6Z3

http://www.fastforward.ca mailto:sales@fastforward.ca Phone: (250) 992 7775 FAX: (250) 992 1160

- Vanagon Accessories and Engine Conversions - Vanagon, Transporter and Iltis Sales and Importation - European Lighting for most Volkswagen models