Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2002, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 15 Oct 2002 21:07:18 -0500
From:         Stan Wilder <wilden1@JUNO.COM>
Subject:      Re: incomplete seat swivels on Ebay
Comments: To: emaglott@BUNCOMBE.MAIN.NC.US

Seems there are differing opinions here. The welded in swivel bases have always been easy for me to find in wrecking yards. Seems nobody has the courage, energy or extreme need to cut the fixed base away from the van. In eight years I found only one set of seat rail swivel portion left on the seats. I grabbed these up real quick. Chances are if the van is still there the welded in portion is still there, I doubt that the seat rails and swivels would have lasted very long.

Stan Wilder

On Tue, 15 Oct 2002 21:34:17 -0400 Edward Maglott <emaglott@BUNCOMBE.MAIN.NC.US> writes: > The seller said that the bottom part is easy to fabricate, and hard > to find > used because they often get damaged when they are removed from the > van. I > can't imagine that this piece would be easy to fabricate because it > has the > round groove that allows the turning, doesn't it? I think somebody > is > going to be a disappointed buyer on these. > > Edward > > At 10/15/02 09:46 AM, you wrote: > >In a message dated 10/14/02 10:00:39 PM Eastern Daylight Time, > >emaglott@BUNCOMBE.MAIN.NC.US writes: > > > > > >>Just checked these out with the seller, and beware, they do not > have the > >>bottom plate. > >> > >>http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=186861232 0 > > > > > >good thing you checked, swival mechanisms are USELESS without the > bottom > >plate that is welded to the seat pedestals w/ the embossed circular > track > >and studs. > > > >folks, if youre gonna take these swivals out of a junkled westy, > you MUST > >cut the welds and take the bottom plate too! > > > >chris > >