Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2002, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 23 Oct 2002 17:14:57 -0700
From:         Mike Miller <mwmiller@CWNET.COM>
Subject:      Re: gas overflow
Comments: To: Deborah Walters <debbwa@earthlink.net>

Just [ I hope ] finishing that job. If you have AC I think you can forget doing it without dropping the tank. And you'd better know exactly what's up there if you're going to do it blind.

Run the thing out of gas, then when you disconnect the lines to drop the tank only about a gallon of gas or so will run in your face. You need a new o ring for the sender unit [I should have gotten the new sender as well, darn] then you need new grommets for the crossover tube and the vapor recovery tubes. New hose, new crossover tube, new clamps for the above. And, oh, yeah, a new breather tube and it's stuff. That's what I'm waiting for now.

You MUST route the crossover tube OVER the lines running front to back, shifter rod and all. Vaseline helps reinstall the grommets. The vendors have the kits with all this except the sender unit and the breather tube. Trust me, order the breather tube at least, and the sender if you want an accurate gas gauge.

Mike