Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2002, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 23 Oct 2002 20:48:10 -0400
From:         Craig Oda <craig@ODA-INC.NET>
Subject:      Re: throttle valve cable spring installation
Comments: To: Adam Puzerewski <vgonman@MSN.COM>

Adam and Stan, thanks for the information.

Stan, I do have an automatic transmission. Are the spring lengths different for automatic and manual transmission vehicles?

Adam, thanks forthe tip about the crimpers. I'll go to Radio Shack and check it out. I was using vice clamps, pliers and everything else in my tool chest, but could not get that darn spring on. I've got the accelerator cable rigged now with a piece of fuel line hose, two hose clamps, a washer and a cotter pin. Works okay, but I'm assuming it will fail eventually.

Regards, Craig