Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2002, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 23 Oct 2002 19:22:10 -0600
From:         Andrew Fox <afox@CNR.COLOSTATE.EDU>
Subject:      Re: Replacing Winshield Washer Tubes...suggestions?

Has'nt anyone figured out how to fix this problem without removing the dash? It is VERY dangerous to not have working windsheild washers in the winter if you drive snowy and wet roads. Is it possible to remove the nozzle then flush the old tubes with water pressure to clean them out? Or how about taping new tubes to the old ones and pulling them thru from the other end? Come on im sure some of the resourceful people on the list have made their washers work again without removing the whole dash? Hell, I would rather run tubes on the outside of the van from the reservoir and put in my own pump than spend 6 hours removing the dash. Any suggestions?

Andrew Fox 86 westy currently too dangerous to drive on cold wet roads becuase of improperly working windsheild wipers.

PS: In this time of changing seasons remember that if there is ice on your windsheild you must free your wipers before turning them on! Unlike other cars failure to free them results in burning out the rear wiper motor, improper alignment of the front wipers and other things you would rather not deal with (got my yearly reminder today).