Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2002, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 30 Oct 2002 10:48:55 -0500
From:         Kim Brennan <kimbrennan@MAC.COM>
Subject:      Re: Front seat replacements
Comments: To: 3kellers@COMCAST.NET

On Wednesday, October 30, 2002, at 01:10 AM, Toma Keller wrote:

> My '91 vanagon front seats are really uncomfortable and I was > wondering if > the Eurovan seats fit in the tracks without modification. I have put > 5,000 > miles on the van since April and am thoroughly enjoying my ride except > for > those front seats. They don't seem to have held up really well over > the > past 11 years and 108K miles.

Even though seats may "look" the same (or similar) I know they can give different levels of comfort.

The seats in my 86 (the GoldBrick) are more comfortable...but worse on my back, so for them I use an add on lumbar support. The 91's seats aren't as comfortable long distance, but I don't need the lumbar support.

The best seats I have in my cars are the ones in my Corrado. The Jaguar's seats are comfy, but don't give the lumbar support. The Corrado's don't have all the wiz-bang power adjustments but are comfortable, leather, heated and have perfect lumbar support.

When I make over the GoldBrick's interior, I'm hoping to put similar seats in the front. Probably have to add the heated seat wiring/relays that the Canadian Vanagons had (in certain cases).