Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2002, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 1 Nov 2002 05:45:42 -0800
From:         Mike Catlin <mjcatlin@PACBELL.NET>
Subject:      Re: Paint Colors
Comments: To: Marc Perdue <marcperdue@ADELPHIA.NET>

Marc Perdue wrote: > > Interesting, but none of those colors look anything like the color of my '87 > Westy.

Colors for an '87 would be at http://www.gti16v.org/vwcc1987.htm .

It looks like a cross between beige and silver. I seem to recall > someone saying some time ago that the color code was actually printed > somewhere on the van. Where would that code be?

According to the list archives, a paint code sticker may be found on a painted surface under the driver's seat or near the fuse box. Mine was missing, so I called our local VW dealer parts dept. and told them the build date and VIN, and that mine was white. They looked it up and said "L90D". Next, I went to an automotive paint shop and asked to see a paint card for the Volkswagen color "L90D". He showed me a catalog page with one square of paint labeled "L90D Pastel White". I took the card out to the car and it was a perfect match.

Mike Catlin Davis, Calif.