Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2002, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 3 Nov 2002 21:31:12 -0800
From:         Aristotle Sagan <killer_jupiter@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Tiico and California Smog
Comments: To: androbus@YAHOO.COM

While I agree the laws are inane, the bottom line is...

Do your homeowrk before you leap. If Tiico lied in it's adertising, they owe you a legal replacement for your engine work. If they didn't lie, and I have been followong the web site for about a year now, they owe you nothing.

California is a weird state when it comes to smog laws. Nothing new. If you change engines without knowing how you are going to register it, YOU have the problem. It's one of the reasons I still have a 1.9 in my 84. Who wants to deal with getting the state to do the right thing?

My advice... sell the van out of state. Buy a new van and either live with the 1.9, 2.0, 2.1 or a diesel.Otherwise, in CA, the bast bet still looks like a Kennedy Subaru conversion.

JMHO,

tim in san jose

_________________________________________________________________ Get a speedy connection with MSN Broadband. Join now! http://resourcecenter.msn.com/access/plans/freeactivation.asp