Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2002, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 4 Nov 2002 00:48:58 -0500
From:         Isaac Taylor <itaylor@ATTBI.COM>
Subject:      OFF TOPIC | Non Vanagon: Web Question
Comments: To: Mark Dorm <mark_hb@HOTMAIL.COM>

Mark, you could just e-mail yourself these links, and stash those e-mails in a separate folder in your e-mail program. For instance, I keep all my listserv e-mails, or eBay e-mails, or pyscho ex-girlfriend e-mails in separate folders.

A more elegant practive would be to dump all the links you're collecting into a Word document, which you keep on your desktop (or wherever) for easy access & updating. If you ever feel so inclined, you could easily convert this Word file into an html document and put it up on the web somewhere (and for free at some place like geocities).

But really, I have to ask: why you don't just use the favorites/bookmarks function of your web browser? Then everything is available always in your browser, and is disconnected from your e-mail, so there's no searching through a crowded inbox for links. The only disadvantage to this method, as compared to those above, is that your collection of bookmarked links is not easily portable to a new/other computer, while the e-mail list & Word doc are.

If you have any questions, feel free to e-mail me off-list.

Best, Isaac in Cambridge http://haardvark.blogspot.com

----- Original Message ----- From: Mark Dorm To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Sent: Sunday, November 03, 2002 11:53 PM Subject: Non Vanagon: Web Question