Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2002, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 5 Nov 2002 09:13:40 -0800
From:         Matthew Pollard <poll7356@UIDAHO.EDU>
Subject:      Stainless Direct Replacement Coolant Lines. (fwd)

did you guys catch this!!! great deal.

---------- Forwarded message ---------- Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 23:12:43 -0600 (CST) From: ctonline@webtv.net

Hi All.

After a bit of thought and deliberation I have decided to offer a kit to end the early Vanagon coolant line blues.

And this will be specifically for the 83.5 to 85 Vans with the steel rotten pipes that have a tendency to burst right next to the right rear wheel well.

Here is the deal---

Two 1.25" direct fit stainless steel coolant hoses--these will go from the two factory hoses in front of the engine drop down in stock configuration, and then connect where the lines start to straighten out to go forward towards the radiator, just up in front of the wheel well --right where the double clamp is that holds them up to the bottom of the body. There is also two connecting hoses to make the splice and 4 stainless steel aircraft screw type clamps to make the connection.

This is the simplest, no hodge podge, permanent, long lasting repair for this problematic area of the Wasserleaker's.

The whole update / replacement took me no more than 1 hour, after I had the parts in hand.

The price for the kit will be $75.00 plus shipping.

I thought the marine hose repair was a good idea--but this is a difficult way to go---the hose is not as flexible as it sounds, and the silicone hose by itself is OK--but in no way bullet proof. It is susceptible to ruptures cause by garbage coming off the road and the wheel, and it is not rigid like the stainless.

The stainless tubing will outlast your Van--and be trouble free.

I can also supply longer lines to go farther forward if you would like at an additional charge, depending how far you want to go--the longer the line the more it costs.

Either way this is the best and easiest solution to this ongoing problem

P-Mail me for questions--comments.

Later, Terry--