Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2002, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 6 Nov 2002 09:24:38 -0800
From:         Damon Campbell <damoncampbellvw@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Drilled Rotors vs. Big Brake Kit - related Q

It is very commendable that you strive to sell only the highest quality of products, however, i am just trying to determine your metric for "quality". The points you bring up refer to fade and longevity (neither of which are problems i've ever had), and you give an anecdotal point about stopping power... When set up correctly, how much more "powerful" would you say the big brake kit is? 10%? 50%?

It would be interesting to do a before and after 60-0mph stop test and look at the total distance difference.

-Damon

John Wessels <EUROMOG@AOL.COM> wrote:What many of you are missing are the following benefits;

Have you ever had your brakes over heat and fail in your loaded Westy down a long, steep, winding grade? The vented rotors overcome this problem.

Have you ever had your front brake rotors warp? The vented rotors overcome this problem.

How long do your rotors and pads last? I bet the bigger brakes will last much longer.

I had one customer e-mail me after installing the big brake kit and said it saved his Vanagon from being totaled.

I am very picky about what I sell. If I don't believe in it I won't sell it. My main biz is auto repair not parts sales.

John Wessels, '87 SyncroMog European Motorsport Livermore, CA 94551 http://www.euromog.com 925-373-3878

'84 Westy