Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2002, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 1 Nov 2002 19:08:31 -0500
From:         Joe Gawzner <joeg@ZEEMEDICALINC.COM>
Subject:      Re: westy - what do you keep in your cupboards?
Comments: To: Steve Volk <skvolk@MAC.COM>

Great Survey... I too was interested to see what everyone put in there... sorry about the lateness.. just reviewing past postings now.

My use is setting myself up for weekend get-aways focused on surfing or skiing and last minute jaunts for such trips. So it is stocked accordingly and is pretty much kept this way as a couple other people indicated as well.

> [...]

>I - Back cab Sheets and camp pillow, leave middle empty for clothes to be added before a trip, bottom has my spare surfing supplies, bino, spare trunks double as sleepware (never sleep naked as you never know). In that space under the cab I have a 25 or 50' garden extension cord if I ever camp with elec (which has never happend yet) and a pair of sandels for hiking into distant surf spots >J - under SEAT Maps, this is where the PO put the aux batt, maps, tools and the jack, water carrier, clamp on elec lamp iff electricity, lighter ext cord, marine fan for lighter plug in, emergency kit with first aid, weapon, the Good Book, and other standard survival like stuff. >T - tray above window More of an onsite thing as I only keep a magnetic flashlight there for emergencies. On camping, put the paper towels there, LED light, whatever.

-> Tray above bed in rear of A/C - spare quarters for parking machine and front window ventilators purchased from a list member that allows secure ventilation up there.

Also hanging in the van are a day pack primarily for surfing but has been handy many other times, spare towels and some reading materials.