Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2002, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 9 Nov 2002 10:19:53 -0700
From:         westydriver <westydriver@TACTICAL-BUS.INFO>
Subject:      Re: Stereo Power Amp
Comments: To: Larry Chase <lchase@ATTGLOBAL.NET>

Wrong!! not expensive and complexity is relative. i have done this setup for a couple of people. you can wire the normal speaker outs to smaller speakers and put them on a switch. you can also have the rca low level out going to a power amp and the heavier speakers wired to it.. put a switch on the blue (power antenna lead) wire to turn power amp on or off. recommend staying with a 20 to 30 watt head unit for this type of setup when your goal is to have a low current camper.

my own setup with my power amp with no head unit is wired with a switch in the blue lead coming from a 12v source voltage. when i want driving tunes i turn the switch on and plug in my portable player. when camping the switch is off and i use my headset on the portable player. jimt On Saturday, Nov 9, 2002, at 09:14 America/Denver, Larry Chase wrote: