Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2002, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 10 Nov 2002 11:28:24 -0800
From:         Doktor Tim <doktortim@ROCKISLAND.COM>
Subject:      Re: New O2 sensor.....new problem....Please help.
Comments: To: Cotsford@AOL.COM

Always when replacing anything in the FI system the base mixture setting needs checking and/or adjustment. Verify the setting at idle with disconnects/hookups per Bentley. Know the ignition parts and timing comes before this and compression balance/valves verified before that and rule out vacuum leaks and verify grounds and wiring condition before that.

Sounds like you are turning screws just to see what happens. The odds on being near specs are remote if that is what you are doing. If you don't have the instruments and equipment to make these adjustments, hire someone who does.