Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2002, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 8 Nov 2002 08:31:52 -0800
From:         Tracy Bonin <icculus22420@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Friday Topic: Your Vanagon Accessories

Tracy Bonin <icculus22420@yahoo.com> wrote: Ripple's (85' GL) list of fun additives: Custom Interior/Exterior: -installed westy kitchenette -5th seat w/ storage -re-did entire celling, painted dark blue in back, made to look like nighttime sky, front half used light blue, added nifty sun designs -black light -other interior lights installed upon celing (what would we do w/out Walmart) -tinted windows -curtains with a nice tapestry design -instead of making the curtain that goes in the front, I bought a nice sun design tapestry, and I tuck it into the AC unit that divides the front and back -new rear plush carpeting -I made a custom roof shelf with door that is above the rear bed seat. -Pioneer stereo system with custom speaker boxes, and new front door speakers. The rears are installed in the sides of the bus in their speaker boxes to get that extra bass. -tye dye seat covers/ steering wheel cover -power converter to run stuff off of -center console in the middle of the front seats -front side window rain/wind deflectors -new paint job used a vw color called Cosmic Green Metallic -custom paint job on the front driver and passenger doors: driver side has cool lava lamp bubbles design that goes into the Phish symbol, passenger side has cool lava lamp bubbles design that goes into a Grateful Dead bear. * I've only has her on the road since Feb, so I haven't gotten that much stuff done to her. The kitchenette is a big job, pretty time consuming. We had to cut holes, and everything. I still have yet to finish the wiring, hopefully will be done this weekend..... what I still have to buy and install: -mudflaps with vw logo -awning, with side flap thing -solar panel things that charge the battery -headlight eyelid things -I want to replace the front emblem thats in the grill, with one from a 70's bus. It will fit nice, I'm just going to have to use a drummell to drill it's home in the grill -Big bumper kit -sunroof -roof rack (I kind of want to find one that looks like the old scool wooden ones) -sewfine door panels, and front floor -TV, DVD -map communitcator thing (never get lost again) *much other stuff that I cannot think of right now hopefully I can start a website soon so everyone can check my bus out have fun, Tracy