Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2002, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 16 Nov 2002 00:10:27 EST
From:         Steve Cotsford <Cotsford@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Mini's

Just for the record, the Monte Carlo Rallye Minis were indeed British Racing Green. They were easy to identify with their row of Spotlights blocking off the front grill. Just as well the rad was over on the side. At the time, I was working at Southend airport and the Rally cars would travel over the channel on the BAF Carvair service, using modified DC4s. I didnt have a Mini myself till later. At that time I was driving a fibreglass Berkeley 3 wheeler replete with Excelsior 328 cc 2 stroke twin. It wasnt very solid but it was all I could afford. Lots of fun to drive !! Other "iron" that I owned in those years were a Hetchins "Vibrant", Hobbs of Barbican, Velocette KSS and a Scott Flying Squirrel. Boy, I wish I still had those bikes. I used to have an R25/3 too and today I still have an R27. Oh.....and a Westy of course.

Cheers, Steve Cotsford