Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2002, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 17 Nov 2002 09:57:30 -0600
From:         John Rodgers <j_rodgers@CHARTER.NET>
Subject:      Re: Tweak yer heater output!
Comments: To: Gnarlodious <gnarlodious@cybermesa.com>

Now that does make sense.

And as for the fun of foam in the hair? .. Well, in my case the dome is like the coolant pipe - nothing on it to prevent heat loss. It's so smooth, slick and polished that a fast landing mosquito has a really hard time coming to a complete stop to grab a bite before having to lift off or crash. The added insulation would certainly aid reduction of cranial heat loss in winter, and then in summer it would aid in preventing overheating from absorbtion of too much solar insolation. Additonal mosquito protection, too. <Grin>

Here's to foam in yer hair!!

John Rodgers 88 GL Driver

Gnarlodious wrote: > Entity John Rodgers spoke thus: > > >>Rachel, why did you feel it necessary to use the foam urethane? Gaposis? >> Insulation hose to big? Unable to get a clamp on the end? What? > > See, the good tubing is about 10$ for 3 feet, and the adhesive for closing > is a one shot deal without forgiveness. The topology and crud under the van > is pretty weird, so the cheap insulation is better, but too crispy. I was > afraid nylon zipties would cut through the foam so polyurethane being the > stickiest stuff in the world is what I used. > > One could also tape it I suppose, but it's so much fun getting the foam in > your hair! > > Hope that makes sense . . . > > -- Rachel > http://www.Spectrumology.com > AIM Gnarlodious > >