Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2002, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 19 Nov 2002 05:55:38 EST
From:         Frank Condelli <RAlanen@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Re: syncro ujoint replacement.

I've been offering the Syncro driveshaft rebuild for some time now. Check the archives. I do not get too many customers sending their driveshaft up here due to the cost of shipping and that it's pretty easy to change them yourself if you have a large bench vise. But, I do most of the local ones. You can get good quality greaseable driveshaft U-joints from most any Flaps or from me if you cannot find them, my cost is below as is the part # to look for. You need the 90 degree grease fittings as the ones that come with the U-joints will not work in the tight restrictions of the yokes on the Syncro application. You also need to grind off the nut on the grease fittings and run the thread all the way up the shaft with a thread die so the grease fitting will set low enough to clear the yoke. You need the special needle grease gun adapter to grease them with afterwards. I am not able to supply the rubber dampers that Ken Wilfors at Van Again has available so you must get them from him. In fact I did not know anyone had them available until I read his message to the List. 2 NEAPCO 1-0321 U-joints, UAP @ $45. ea $90.00 2 grease fittings, 90 degree, special, UAP @ $2.50 ea 5.00

Yes, prices are in Canadian Dollars ! Check my address !!

Cheers

Frank Condelli Almonte, Ontario, Canada <A HREF="http://members.aol.com/BusFusion/bfhome.htm">BusFusion</A> a VW Camper camping event, Almonte, ON, June 12 ~ 15, 2003 '87 Westy & Lionel Trains Member: <A HREF="http://www.vanagon.com/">Vanagon List</A>, <A HREF="http://www.bcn.net/~limbo/">LiMBO</A>, <A HREF="http://www.westfalia.qc.ca/">IWCCC</A> & Capital City VW Club Vanagon/Vanagon Westfalia Service in the Ottawa Valley <A HREF="http://members.aol.com/Fkc43/stebro.htm">STEBRO/Vanagon Stainless Steel Mufflers</A>   <A HREF="http://members.aol.com/Fkc43/busindex.html">Frank Condelli & Associates</A> or http://frankcondelli.com