Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2002, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 19 Nov 2002 13:30:18 EST
From:         JordanVw@AOL.COM
Subject:      Re: anyone have a westy with this passenger side jumpseat/storage
              box??
Comments: To: lbusch@IX.NETCOM.COM

In a message dated 11/15/02 1:42:26 PM Eastern Standard Time, lbusch@IX.NETCOM.COM writes:

> and I traded it off for some other items I > needed (like the jack that was missing from mine when I bought it). >

you traded a rare westy console box for a stupid jack? how many do you want? sounds like you got "jacked" on that deal ;<) just kiddin.. ps, on the subject of vanagon jacks - here's a FYI..my vanagon has the full fiberglass bodykit (rocker skirts etc - i added them to my 84) and i tried to use the stock tack to jack the van up one day just to see how it went.. NO GO. the bar that fits into the jack hole would not go in all the way because of the fiberglass rocker mouldings.. i sifted thru my pile of jacks and found one that would fit - it was from a '90 with the full fiberglass. so apparently the vanagons that had the full fiberglass skirts had a different jack... just a FYI for those swapping to the full fiberglass kit, take the jack from the donor van too.. i hate the stock jacks anyway, i carry a bottlejack w/ me.. chris