Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2002, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 15 Nov 2002 17:48:45 +0000
From:         Mike Finkbiner <mike_l_f@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: anyone have a westy with this passenger side jumpseat/storage
              box??

JordanVw@AOL.COM wrote:

In a message dated 11/14/02 3:55:18 PM Eastern Standard Time, dave@sparkplug.com writes:

If you look closely, you can see an OEM VW jump seat/box/stool behind the front passenger seat.

http://www.kadikiiss.com/wvw/

---snip---

damn...those are rare.. i've only ever seen one, in a 85 westy about 6 yrs ago at a vw show.. its a storage box w/ padded lid, doubles as a impromptu "jumpseat" mounts to floor w/ one bolt. (or 2, but i think its just one) it looks like the removeable floormount fridge used in the '85-'87 westy weekenders, but its NOT a fridge, and the fridges didnt have a padded lid either. the upholstry on the lid always matches the seats in the interior. i think it was offered from 80-85 or so

Chris -

My 83.5 spent the first couple of years in Germany with a Canadian Army officer, and he picked up some accessories while he was there. I still have the side tent, Ringstar chains, Westfalia catalog and the box with padded lid you are referring to,

Mine attaches to the back of the passenger seat with two leather straps going through brackets screwed to the seat base.

Far as I can tell, it was designed as a porta-potti holder, but it makes a handy storage box / footstool, if you don't mind giving up the floor space.

Doesn't fit my '87 since I put the Plat Cat in, and I'm using an awning instead of the side tent, so I should probably take all of this stuff to a swap meet next spring.

- Mike Finkbiner '87 Westy Moscow, Idaho

mike_l_f@hotmail.com

_________________________________________________________________ The new MSN 8: smart spam protection and 2 months FREE* http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail