Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2002, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 19 Nov 2002 16:17:54 -0800
From:         dave <dave@SPARKPLUG.COM>
Subject:      Bright, head light problem...

Hi Folks.

I am experiencing a weird head light problem, I thought I could fix, have could not (yet). So, I will ask the vanagon community.

I have a 1986 Westy, with square headlights.

Recently, the bright bulb on the passenger side went out. When I hit my brights, low and high come on the drivers side, however *neither* bulb comes on the, on the passenger side.

Both low beams work fine.

I went to replace my high beam bulb on the passenger side, and sure enough... The filament was broken, and rattling around.

When I hooked all my connections back up, twisted and sealed all the couplings, and hit my brights ... Still no lights on the passenger side when in the Hi Beam position. However, drivers side light up fine.

I was hoping it was just a bulb - tho after replacing it, I am now not sure what it is.

My connections seem dry, and clean ...

Would any one have any ideas what might cause my passenger side lights (both have new bulbs) to stop working, when in the Hi Beam position ? What I should

Any ideas, comments or suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks much, Dave Bowers ___________________ dave bowers 1986 westy "hms-beagle" portland, oregon www.dave-bowers.com/vw