Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2002, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 15 Nov 2002 23:47:12 -0000
From:         Clive Smith <clive.harman-smith@NTLWORLD.COM>
Subject:      Re: VW vs Rolls
Comments: To: organslave@earthlink.net

Don't ask me how I know this...... 1990 Carat 1967 Cooper S

Mmmm, no idea, none at all, apart from two very nice motors and if the1st is a Syncro you have 2 real classics!

But I think it's the shockers can't be matched to the progressive spring rate, not the progressive rate itself that's the problem - does get a bit jerky one-up, granted, but then what a fantastic load factor - 2:1 - a bit like the Lanc (that I keep eulogising about, sorry, I'm just plane mad), its ultimate MTOW was twice its empty weight - NMPKT!

Clive '88 Syncro Transporter

----- Original Message ----- From: "Randy Bergum" <organslave@earthlink.net> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM>; "Clive Smith" <clive.harman-smith@NTLWORLD.COM> Sent: Friday, November 15, 2002 10:00 PM Subject: Re: VW vs Rolls