Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2002, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 25 Nov 2002 09:01:52 -0800
From:         Joachim Preiss <spielmobil@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Re: SA QUAD LIGHT GRILLE

When I got the SA kit, I was wondering what the term 'driving lights' meant. Driving lights as in daylight running lights? But when I turned them on for the first time, it was pretty obvious that they're BRIGHT as in blinding.

I have new 55W/60W H4 on the outside, so I wired the inner SA 55W lights to the high beam, and put an additional switch on the dash. Now I have 3 choices: low beam, high beam, high beam plus SA inner lights

Works great for me. Now that it's dark early I use them all the time on the back roads and we have some dark streches on the highway where there's dense trees in the median blocking off any oncoming traffic. I drive with the typical low beam when there's cars approaching or ahead of me. When I need to see more I turn on the high beams, and when I need to see even more than that, I turn on the SA lights. The high beams are more like overall bright illuminating the trees and side of the road further ahead than the low beams, and the SA lights I aimed straight ahead giving me a really nice view of the road ahead of me. The low beams go off when the high beams come on as they are supposed to.

I would never use the SA lights when there's cars in front of me.

My $0.02. Joachim '85 Westfalia 1.9WBX Spielmobil [mailto:spielmobil@earthlink.net]

Joachim

'85 Westfalia 1.9 WBX 'Spielmobil' Acton, MA